Thursday, March 02, 2006

Paper Idea

In my first blog entry I indicated that part of the purpose of this blog is to help me develop a point of view in order to (hopefully) produce a piece of academic writing on the subject of juvenile law and children's rights.

I've narrowed in on In re Gault and the use of social science by the justices. I'm hoping to take a deeper look into the legal reasoning for the creation and alteration of the juvenile justice system.

Much work has been done in the area of social science and law. The debate was sparked by the surge of social science and the Supreme Court's use of it in footnote eleven of Brown v. Board of Education. Hopefully the consideration of the general uses of social science in court will shed light on the reasoning behind the creation of a separate court system for juveniles sans procedural norms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home