Monday, February 06, 2006

The Start

I'd like this blog to be a place to post my thoughts and discoveries about children's law and child advocacy. More importantly, however, I'd like to get input from others who share my interest and curiosity in children's law.

I'm doing some specific research this semester in school, but generally I'll be considering at least two different (and at least at this point in my consideration -- unrelated) angles:
(1) A constitutional survey of children's rights and how they've developed (mostly via In Re Gault and what lead up to and resulted from that decision).
(2) An economic consideration of the treatment of children's issues by the government (specifically looking at the use of federal funding as an incentive and a punishment for state children's welfare agencies).

So please, feel free to contribute any ideas, comments or suggestions. Hopefully through the deeper study and consideration of children's rights and laws we can find a way to give every child in the U.S. a safe and nurturing home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home